Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 Infinity...!

My best bud Morgan's son, Lanier, celebrated his 2nd birthday yesterday. Lanier is more of a donut guy, but I told Morgan I could make a cake for her to have as well. He loves Toy Story and especially Buzz Lightyear.
So...this is my second attempt at making a layered birthday cake. The first was Elliott's 1st birthday cake. The recipe I have used both times is Ina Garten's (Barefoot Contessa) Birthday Cake and Butter Frosting.

Ingredients
Butter, Flour, and then line the pans with Parchment

Butter and Sugar
The THICK batter
Ready for the oven

Works like a charm
First layers iced
Went with two 'Buzz' colors for dots b/w the layers
Thankful for 2 amazing years and many more to come!
Wrapped and in the fridge, ready for the party the next day
One thing I have learned from working with butter icing...it's not fondant! You aren't going to get it perfectly smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment