Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yummy Pasta

Tagliatelle with mushrooms, onions, and bacon happened here for dinner. It's the second time I've made this dish and we likey. Grey is pretty passionate about it. The butter sauce makes it interesting and different than what we are used to. As soon as the onions and bacon hit the hot pan, the aroma brings Jonathan out of his office.
This is a Tyler Florence recipe from his Tyler's Ultimate cookbook. I haven't been able to find this recipe anywhere on the internet, which baffles me. I swap out the cipolline onions it calls for with chopped onion to make it simpler, less expensive, and so that I actually want to cook it. :) I leave out the (fresh) parsley because I am not a big fan and it is one more ingredient to buy that I can do without. I do believe in making good food at home so that we will look forward to eating here. Sometimes "good food" can get expensive so I try to work around it when I can.


Mushrooms, Onion, Bacon, & Garlic hanging out
Getting the Parmigiano ready


Some of the starchy pasta water and butter, thickening
Pouring the sauce onto the pasta and adding the cheese
Toss it up and SERVE IT UP
Just in case...


No comments:

Post a Comment