Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Braised Short Ribs

My meals are usually based on what meat is for sale that day. Yesterday it was boneless short ribs. It was literally $3 for the package I bought. I had never cooked short ribs before but wanted to ever since I saw them on Secrets of a Restaurant Chef.
I pretty much made up my own recipe with stuff I had around the kitchen. Starting off with a couple cloves of garlic in OO and then browning off the meat. Then I added water to cover up the meat and a packet of french onion soup mix into that. Brought that to a boil adding carrots and some more onion. Then I covered the dutch oven and stuck it in the oven at 350 for 2 hours. The meat was so tender. Jonathan loved the results which means I loved the results even more. Have to keep an eye out for short ribs on sale from now on!


Before the Oven
After the Oven
I don't see anything green!


No comments:

Post a Comment