Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Potty Time

We've been training Weston to use the potty for almost a week now. He picked up on the pee pee thing very fast and tried to avoid the poo poo at first. He went during his nap time when he had a pull-up on. We put him on the potty and turned on "Buzz" one night. He just sat there for nearly twenty minutes grunting. He was so into the movie he wasn't even thinking of what he was doing. I sat somewhere he couldn't see me and when I got up to check, he had gone! "Gone" is an understatement. It was the largest pile of poop I had ever seen! Jonathan and I jumped up and down, danced all around cheering for him. Then he looks in the potty and sees what he'd been working on. His face went from a smile to a look of terror. No tears, just confusion.
Since then he has gone poo poo on his potty about 5-6 times! I believe he is starting to enjoy going on the potty and not having to walk around with it squished in his diaper. Plus, mom and dad act like fools and he gets an Oreo.
Goodness gracious, did I mention how cute his little hiney is in those big boy underwear?

Privacy Please?...with Oreo all over his face
Playing with J's tape measure all morning. I do realize what this looks like though! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment