Thursday, May 26, 2011

Momma's Birthday























I celebrated my 27th birthday on Tuesday. 27 does feel much closer to 30. I thought about getting depressed for about 10 seconds and then quickly remembered how blessed I am. I really can't ever feel sorry for myself for anything because somehow I have Jonathan. Now I also have Weston and Elliott. Holy moly God is good.
Jonathan took a work call/meeting in the car so that he could be at B's early enough to get us an amazing lunch. Oh Em Gee. Once Jonathan got off that evening he had Weston run into our bedroom saying something about Momma and present.(Oh man, just the memory of that makes me giggle.) So Weston handed me my gift which was a nice, new flat iron for my hair. I reckon these are the things you get as gifts when you "grow up". It is the gift that keeps on giving after all. I had had my old one 7 years and it's pretty amazing how far those things have come in the meantime. :)
Mom and Dad came over to babysit and Jonathan took me to see the movie Bridesmaids. It was HILARIOUS and we both really enjoyed it. It had been a very long time since we'd been to a movie together. We even got popcorn! It's so exciting.
JB had gotten me a mini-cake that was absolutely precious. I am so very thankful for another year with my healthy family. I have to remind myself not to take these things for granted.
Here are a few pictures from the massive party we had.
(I must add that some of my dear friends and sissy surprised me last weekend and we celebrated then.)



No comments:

Post a Comment